9.22.2011

Tune into The Station...

"When you need to make a decision, don't let your emotions vote". -Joyce Meyer, “Living Beyond Your Feelings”


That quote says it well. Here lately I have been faced with decision after decision after decision...more decisions to make all at once than I have ever had. And if I based my decision on my emotions...well lets just say it would not be a good thing. Your Spirit and your flesh are in a constant battle. And if you let it, your flesh can overrule your Spirit. That is why we have got to stay in The Word, and feed our Spirit constantly, daily. Like my friend, and Pastor said ...( as he is pointing to his arm muscle)  " The muscle is in there, but I have got to feed it the nutrients it needs to grow. " SO feed your Spirit the nutrients it needs to grow and for it to get stronger. Grace is muscle of God. The Word  works and exercises that muscle.


Trials and tribulations and obstacles are thrown in our way. Whichever of those is going on in your life right now, just know, it is not worthy to be compared to the GLORY  that is on the inside of you. Romans 8:31..."If God is for us, who can ever be against us?" The punk satan is going to do anything he can to get You of track. Keep Chewing on The Word. Meditate on it day and night. No Word; No Power.  The Word is; Life, Health, Strength,Victory, Joy. It is EVERYTHING I need, that WE need, as Children of God. 


Ok Just wanted to share that....lol  


Now...


When decision making time comes, don't let your emotions vote. You will always want to go with your emotions....


Sometimes we want to let our emotions take over. Our heart is screaming one thing, and our brain is screaming another. But what is your Spirit saying? What is God saying to you? If you are not tuned in to what God is saying to you, you will have an even more difficult time making the decision. God will always have a greater viewpoint than what we have. Tune into HIS radio station.

It would be "easy" to go with what you are feeling. When really it is not the way God has for you. In flesh, your emotions rule you. And that can/could be a very scarry thing. But if you know God's Word to you and you live it, then the flesh aint got nothin on you!!!  For example... There is a guy that I could possibly be very interested in, and  you can clearly tell he is interested in me. As much as my flesh is saying "go for it, just jump, take a chance"...My Spirit is saying "hold on Megan. Just hold on." At first this was kind of hard for me to process. But as I press in more and more and feed my Spirit more and more, it is so easy to not even hear the emotions saying "go for it, take a chance"....Every move I make, I am moving and doing because God told me to. I don't want to do anything that He doesn't tell me to do. While writing that I thought of the game Simon Says...Except when we step out without God saying so or we do not obey, His Grace and Mercy is there. Grace says, hey you don't have to fall. Mercy covers you if you do fall. Repent and accept and believe the fact that you are forgiven. ( YES HE FORGAVE AND FORGIVES YOU!) and move forward.  

 God's got a destiny for you. God has a purpose for you. Through truth and the Grace of God we can walkout the life He has planned for us. "Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take." Proverbs 3:6


When you feel like you are not strong enough to make a decision, or not strong enough to not let your emotion overrule, just remember You have God's strength. For when I am weak, HE is strong. Lean on Him. Seek Him first. Let God lay out your path before you.  


Heb 4:16" Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with fullest confidence, that we may receive mercy for our failures and grace to help in the hour of need."


Kinda bounced around a bit tonight.. sorry :) Love yall !



Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment