1.08.2013

God is bigger.

This morning, my devotion was exactly what I needed to read. It was right on key with things I have been talking to God about.

1 Thessalonians 5:16
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."

This hit me. These couple verses have  SO MUCH in it. 
Rejoicing always...This can be a challenge for some. I've had people ask me many times how is it possible to rejoice when things are so hard, or when someone close passes away. Yes, it is very hard. But my reply is always, that I can rejoice in the hard times because God is STILL THERE. Just because it's hard doesn't mean He left. He is still there. That gives me hope and joy. There is just something about KNOWING that God will NEVER leave you. He will NEVER forsake you. What J O Y is found in that!! Praising God only when things are good is not how He wants us to be. Good or bad-praise Him. Rejoice in His faithfulness. Rejoice in God's love. Rejoice and delight yourself in HIM. 
Pray continually...
Give thanks in ALL circumstances. Not just the good circumstances, but ALL circumstances. Giving thanks to God when things are hard, is another thing that can be tough. How can you give God thanks when your circumstances are below low? When a child has passed, how do you cope and how can you ever give thanks? What I like to think about is that God is my source. From Him, EVERYTHING flows. In life we are  all going to go through different seasons. Some seasons of hard times may come. How do you thank Him when your season of brokenness just seems never ending. How do you thank Him when you feel like you are nothing? You JUST do. You remind yourself that God is still God, He is not changing and He is not leaving. Through this season of hurt, through this season of brokenness, cling to Him. Thank HIM. For God is Faithful and True. He is THE ONE person, you can ALWAYS rely on. His love is never ending. In those dark times, the joy you have in your heart-- let it radiate. Be bigger than what your circumstances try to make you. 
God is bigger than your circumstances. 

This devotion couldn't have come at a better time. Through the days and obstacles that arise, automatically turn to Him. Don't even give that obstacle time. Keep your eyes on your creator and praise Him for His love, for His faithfulness. Praise Him and thank Him for being who He is.


5 comments:

  1. amen! that's been one difficult lesson for me to learn throughout the years, to praise Him in the middle of the storm. but once learned, it has made life seem so much brighter.
    beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to that, Leah! So true-once learned, it has made life so much brighter! So thankful!
      Thank you for your sweet words and for reading!

      Delete
  2. Love this! I constantly come back to this verse and am utterly humbled by its truth, and how often I ignore it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right... Those verses do have a lot in them. But, it's funny, those verses specifically mention that rejoicing always and give thanks in all circumstances are God's will for our lives. People {myself included} want to keep asking God to tell us what His will for our life is... But, He's already told us! We can start with rejoicing always and giving thanks in all circumstances. ;) Great reminder today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Megan, I love you blog so I nominated you for the Liebster award! The details are in my post, hope you participate, I already follow you :)

    xxErinNicole

    http://theblondelatte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete