4.08.2013

Let's Run our own race..

Life can get you down and it can throw you around. But the times we get back up are the most important. The past can creep back all it wants, but that is when you make it known that your past does not define you.
Everyday is a new day...a new start, and a new opportunity to change your ways.

It doesn't matter what size you are or what the color of your hair is. It doesn't matter what designer you are or you are not wearing. The car you drive?..yeah, it doesn't matter either.
What matters is your content. What is inside you? Compassion, love, jealousy, hate?


What lies in our hearts is way more important than what material things we have in our life. I would rather have the most compassionate heart, than all the materials in the world.

I am learning to not compare my journey and relationships to others. Their journey and their relationship are their story and for their path. My journey and my relationships are for MY journey. If I don't graduate when so & so graduates, so what? If I don't get a new vehicle when a friend does, So what?
~I am ME. This is MY JOURNEY.


God has a special and unique plan for each and everyone of us.

When I find myself getting caught up in material items of the world, or even keeping up with who's doing what and blah blah blah, I find myself becoming more and more discontent. God always sends me a sweet reminder, gently saying, "You are MINE. This world does not define you. It is my love that defines you. "

I don't like getting to the place where I am so discontent. It shakes my whole world. It gets me second guessing myself and confuses me.


I am blessed, and I am loved. My parents have always been able to provide and live comfortable. If something was needed, I had it. I could have very easily turned into an ungrateful girl. But I was always reminded that some children were not as "lucky". I have always appreciated what I have been given. I sometimes feel that at the moments I feel "discontent" that I am forgetting or not recognizing the blessings that God has given me.

So-today is Monday. It is a NEW day. My goal, if you shall call it that, is to take each day as it comes and to speak how thankful I am for my blessings. To never forget for one second, because life could easily be turned upside down in a heartbeat.

So, don't compare yourself. Don't compare your journey. Be thankful. Be content.





"...let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us." -Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment