5.14.2014

My question..

This morning as I was laying in my hammock (yes, once again) listening to the rain....I came across something that stopped me in my tracks. Which eventually led me to this...


Yes, I know. I talk about this often. But it's because it literally hurts my heart to see young women these days think that they have to have a man to be someone. To be complete. 

wake up wake up wake up!!!!

That's really what I want to yell! Yes, having that significant other is always so fun and it's a feeling that we love. I get it. I do. 

But embrace this time. Embrace this time you have to yourself. Your friends, your family. With God.
Let this time help you grow..figure out who you are.

Here lately I have had people question why I am not with someone or why I don't date so&so, and so&so likes me and I need to wake up. Uhh...my reply...I'm awake. Thank you. And maybe I don't want to date so&so. Maybe I don't want to date just to date. 


This one gets me too...well he just must be crazy. He doesn't even know what he is missing out on. 

Okay, true. 

But...maybe I am glad he may be crazy and is missing out..maybe I am glad he walked away. Not everything is going to work how we want it too. 
And that my friends, I am T H A N K F U L for.
If it wasn't suppose to work out with that person then end of story! That just means that there is someone out there that it is meant to workout with. Someone who is better for you. Someone who God sees fit for you. 
 
So here is my question....
Ladies when are we going to stop dating just to say we have a boyfriend? When are you going to stop feeling sorry for yourself and trying to throw pity parties because your girls are having date night with their men and you aren't? When are you going to see yourself how God sees you? When are you going to realize that being "single" isn't a bad thing. When are you going to stop talking down to yourself because you don't have a man? Seriously. I am on my soapbox this morning... I ain't even playing. 

STOP STOP STOP.

Figure out who you are. LOVE yourself.
And remember what and WHO defines your worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment