9.15.2014

Worthy

I woke up this morning and grabbed my phone to see what time it was. 6:00A.M...seriously? Why am I awake? Ugh.  I laid there and closed my eyes and tried my hardest to fall back asleep. Nothing. Still wide awake. Hmm..I could do my devotional. No. No I will just lay here and make myself fall back asleep. I closed my eyes again..still nothing. The devotion popped in my thoughts again. I knew God was tugging at my heart. REALLY? Okay. I'm getting up. I pulled on my Patagonia pullover, grabbed my Bible and my notebook and my pen and devotional book. Walked outside and sat on the back patio. As I sat there and looked at the pool, I could hear birds chirping. It was a bit breezy and the sun was nowhere to be seen. Hmm. 

I flipped to today's date and started reading. I automatically froze. Okay, God. I see what you're doing. I see. I read the words that still haunt me. They fill my heart with so much promise...that got me through the day.



Today I realized there is so much beauty in letting go of things that God never intended for us to carry. I realized that the past few weeks I have been picking things up that I have already laid at His feet. I would hand them over and then hours later, I'd be thinking over it all again. 

The thing is, you see, when we are constantly carrying these ordeals that God doesn't want us to carry, it is wearing us down. Mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. When that starts happening, so many doors open and it is so easy for untrue thoughts to creep in. I am specifically referring to worth. 

Here lately, I've really been trying to understand this. I have been reminding myself of my worth. I know I talk about this a good bit. But it is so super important. 

The world is always always always going to expect you to be a certain way...and it's NOT the way that God has intended you to be.

God has set you apart from this world. Remember that. Remember that how other people think you should be, isn't how you should be. Don't conform. Don't belittle yourself. Remind yourself who you are. Remind yourself that your identity is found in Jesus!

People are going to come and go in our lives. Let it go. Let go of what was and accept what is. Remind yourself that God is never going to ask you to give something away, if He didn't have better for you. People come into our lives for a reason. You may not understand what the reason is now, but you will.

So, take every trial. Take every struggle, and smile. Know that God is walking with you on this journey to the exact stops He has planned for you.

2 comments:

  1. I needed to read this, this week. I've been struggling with my worth....looking for it in this world and not with God. It's something I've been praying a lot about. This is such a beautiful reminder for me.

    ReplyDelete