3.04.2015

Worry doesn't add//

Oh, you guys! I feel like spring has sprung! The high today here in good ole Montgomery is 80. And of course a cold front moving in tonight/tomorrow...GO FIGURE. But you can rest assure that after this post is done, I will laying in my Eno soaking up some sun. 

But first things first. 

I keep thinking about life. This past year. And I find myself comparing it to now. And honestly, it makes me feel super guilty. Why? Well, I feel like when I compare a year ago to now, or months to come, that I am almost doubting God and His abilities. It stresses me out. I tend to worry about tiny little things that most people wouldn't give a glance to. But that's me. But when I start comparing and doubting God, that's when I know something has got to change. 

I know it's so hard for us as humans to just Let God be God. To let HIS plan prevail. To fight our desires and temptations. But it's possible. It's so possible. So put your worry to the side. There will always be something there in life that tempts you to worry. To pull your mind away from God and to try and dull your faith. Remember that.

So when it comes to our worries, we just have to lean into God's promises. 

-----------------------------------

Luke 12: 25-26
 " Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And if worry can't accomplish a little thing like that, what's the use of worrying over bigger things"

hold.the.phone.

Did that hit ya? It did me.
Nexxxxxt...

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 

--------
Alright, so obviously, we see that God has it all under control. His hand is in everything. Just look for Him. He knows what the day will bring before you even wake in the mornings. He knows exactly what you're going to need that day. He's always steps ahead and prepared for what's to come with the day. If you find yourself anxious and worrisome, just remind yourself of this. Remind yourself that He is with you. This will bring so much peace. 

We can lose seconds of life while worrying, or we can choose to put the worry to the side and enjoy every second of this life. What will you choose? 

---For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11


Photo Credits: Sarah McCallister

No comments:

Post a Comment