9.11.2011

It's not what's on the outside....



Sooooo between yesterday and today I have been coming across the same thing in alot that I do..... an inspiration. And now we're offfff...


 Do you ever feel not wanted? Looking in the mirror and not liking what you see? You're not skinny enough? You're clothes aren't "cool" enough? You're car is not expensive enough? so on so on so on and so on. 


The world has set such standards. The media has formed and said how we should look, what we should weigh, what to drive, what to wear...etc etc etc. And honestly, It makes me ill. I see such beautiful girls and women go crazy trying to "fit in" trying to meet the world's "standards". It breaks my heart. And I just wish there was something I could do or I could say to show them that they are beautiful. 


I went through a season in my life where I hit a low. It was my junior year of highschool and my family and I had just moved to Virginia...I was not into this at all. LOL I got so wrapped up in my image that it almost tore me up. I was losing weight losing weight losing weight, and then it was like overnight I gained it all back. Not literally but very quickly...And I was so unhappy. I had always been extremely athletic. Was in good shape, but I let the world's views and standards get in my head. I had gained weight and I was very unhappy. Because I was not feeling my normal self. We all have a certain weight that we are comfortable with. Its your comfort weight. And I was not use to being at the weight I was.. I had hips. I had a butt. I had a figure. And I felt disgusted. When I would sit down and my jeans pressed against my stomach, I literally cried. I would look at myself in the mirror and cry. But soon, I realized I was beautiful. And who cared if it was not the world's standard of beautiful.


That was 5 years ago...


(Jessica Simpson's show "The price of Beauty"...absolutely amazing!) 


 If I would have been in The Word, I would have never ever had any of those issues, thoughts, anxieties. Nothing. Because God said I was made flawless. By His hands I was made flawless. Everything he makes is beautiful and flawless.  It is NOT the outward appearance that makes one beautiful. What is on the inside is what makes one beautiful. Remember inside and then out.    


Basically that didn't have a point...but it does. I am getting to it..I Promise!! 


What I have learned in these past 10 months about my body and body images.... The more and more and more I get so lost in God, the more I find myself in Him. And the more confident and comfortable I am in my own skin. I no longer look at a girl and wish I had her tummy, or her legs, etc etc etc. I look in the mirror and I am content. I am full. I am a natural blonde and have always been blonde..until a month ago. I went dark. Almost black :) And funny thing is...it felt so right. Right away. My whole entire style has changed the more I find myself in God. We are all unique and we are all different. Have confidence. Look into that mirror and say  " I AM BEAUTIFUL." 


Young girls, I know what it's like. I know how mean high school is. I know how mean people can be. Trust me..I walked those halls. And the halls of Prattville High School were not so nice in my days. There is a lot of pressure to look a certain way. Please don't believe it. Know in your heart that you are beautiful and you are wanted. A woman is suppose to have a body! You got big hips? Good! Got a small booty? Good! Got a big booty? Good!! We are all different shapes and sizes. How you feel and look at yourself is very important. I have a sister in highschool, 10th grade at PHS...boy do I remember my 10th grade year there..phew..glad it is over. I am sure there are many pressures and maybe sometimes, I hope not, but sometimes she proabably feels that she has to look a certain way. To me, she is one of the most beautiful girls. I wish I had her booty! I got a flat booty! LOL She surely got the butt in the family! (she's going to kill me by the way after she reads this..love you M!)  I just always want each of yall to know, that you are beautiful. Pick out your favorite feature on your entire body...legs, tummy, eyes, lips, nose, ears , fingers, toes, feet..anything!! And flaunt it! Be Proud of it! I will share a secret..I have BIG feet! I wear a 10...to me that is ginormous! LOL But when other women have size 10 feet, their feet look normal. You are always going to be your toughest critic. DON'T BE! Smile big and KNOW that YOU WERE MADE FLAWLESS AND BEAUTIFUL!!


1 Peter 3:3-4 says -
Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.


Song of Solomon 4:7
-You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you.


Psalm 34:5
-Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.


I mean how can we not  beautiful when the most beautiful of them all, made us...


I love you all and I believe that YOU are beautiful!!!!  :D





Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment