9.09.2011

YOU have a purpose...Surrender...

Hi Friends!

I hope yall all have had a wonderful day! I am so stinking happy that it is now the weekend..time to relax and watch some Auburn Football tomorrow! woo whoo :D

So to start what I was starting last night...a little about me.. I am completely in love with Jesus. He is The Lover of my soul. Of your soul. The ultimate sacrifice was made by Him for me for you. I want to honor Him and let HIM shine through me in all I do each and every day. I get so excited so on fire just thinking about Him. Giddy and butterflies!! I love sharing Jesus Christ with others. It is my passion. He is my passion.
 I was  serving on the praise team at a local Church in town, but was not growing and I was not fully experiencing the life and love God has for me. I was going through the motions, day after day and was very unhappy. So November 2010 I started attending a church with a friend of mine. She was going there and had been trying to get me to come. So I caved and I went...hesitantly. The moment we pulled in the parking lot a feeling washed over me. The moment I stepped through the door and into the sanctuary I was flooded, overwhelmed with a presence I had never felt. - You know how you have super long days and all you want is to be on your couch, in your sweats and shoes off? So when you finally get to your couch, the shoes come off and you plop down and a sigh of relief comes out? It's that instant, hu ahhhhhhh.  That my friends was the feeling I was feeling. I was so relieved. I was at peace. Full of a peace I had never felt. Right away I knew this was my Church home. This is where I was to be. So I made the switch and these past 10 months of my life have been a whirlwind of amazing, awesome changes. I have been and I am still finding myself in The Lord.  Every "plan"  I had planned out for myself; it's changed. What God wants for me, has become what I want for me. My every desire is being laid out right in front of me. I am in more and more awe each and every day.

Through these past months I have had decisions made that were very tough to make. Walked away from a relationship I was too scared to end. Distanced myself from a friend I thought would always be by my side. I learned quickly that you are who you hang out with. People who sow into the flesh, reap corruption. Reap flesh. And Even though you aren't like that person, being associated with it is just as bad. That was a very hard thing for me to love this friend from a distance. We had been through sooo much together and she was basically my sister. But I couldn't be brought down anymore. I still keep intouch with her and I love her more today than I did before. She is an amazing person. We were just at different seasons in our lives. I knew God would bring me friends and we would bring each other up Glory to Glory...But I didn't realize just how quickly He would. WOW. When you are serving the Lord and Fully living for The Kingdom, Blessings follow quickly. I am SO thankful. Today I have friends that I know these friendships will last lifetimes. And I love them each all so very much.  And did I mention I am SO thankful for them?!

I saw something today that really stirred something up in me...
-When the goin' gets tough, remember...His grace is sufficient, oh His grace is sufficient.- 

Friends, there are no words for this.  This is a reminder to me that no matter what we have going on in our lives, His Grace is enough. It is more than enough.  When you think you are at the end of your rope, when you just want to sprawl out on the floor and lay there and cry (yes I have done that plenty and sometimes still just sprawl out ) remember & say to yourself, Lord, I know that You are For me. Never forsaking me. Always so patient. Loving, and kind. So tenderhearted. Mmmm that is honey to my soul! There are a lot of times a week, I say that. And it's not because I am doubting or anything along those lines. It's just sometimes the season we are in is a season where we have to overcome things and obstacles..

Matthew 11:28 –30“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Please believe that you HAVE a purpose and God has an amazing plan for you. Yield to Him and watch your life transform. 



Megan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment