5.21.2013

Who cares?

Life lately has been up and down. Not meaning it's been good or bad, but in the sense that it has just been all over the map.

In the past few weeks there were times that I let my emotions get the best of me. I was trying to bring my plan to life, when really God was waiting for me to yield for His plan.

I've just decided to let go. Let go of all my cares, all my worries, anxieties, stresses, struggles, feelings. Let them all go. For once in my life just go with the flow. Not have a plan.

Today this all hit me that I have actually done this. I was driving in my car...by myself. A song I love came on the radio, windows down, one hand on the wheel and the other arm just out the window floating in the wind. My hair just a blowing. At that very moment,  I realized I had finally let go of trying to plan my life and run it. I finally truly turned it over to God. 

Whatever happens, happens. I know God's plan for my life is far more exceedingly amazing than I could ever imagine. Who cares if a old "friend" feels the need to dislike me all of a sudden for no reason? Their problem..not mine. Who cares if I went out with friends over the weekend and people started talking about me and assuming things? Once again, their problem. Not mine. Who cares that I always thought I would be married by now and I am not? Who cares?? Honestly, I need to enjoy my time being 23 and young. I need to make friends, fall in love and learn new things everyday. This time of my life, right here, right now is preparing me for the future that is mine. 

All I am saying is that I.DON'T.CARE.
I know who I am. I know I have a God who loves me unconditionally. 
It's time to focus on me and my life and not trying to make everyone else around me happy. I am so determined to make my dreams and goals come true. 
I am so determined to live the life I have always imagined. 
That includes not settling. 

God has brought some seriously amazing people into my life within a few short months. I can already see what key roles they have. From selfless acts to acts of pure kindness. Hours of words of encouragement. Hugs that mean more than they will ever know. A hour spent with any of them means the world to me. These friends and my family are the support system. These are the people that know me like no other.

So, here's to letting go of the life WE planned for ourselves, and here's to the life that GOD has planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment