6.29.2013

Rise

As I sit here, procrastinating finishing up my packing, listening to "Oceans" by Hillsong United...my heart is full. For the first time in weeks, my heart is content. I am seeing beauty in life again. Color is coming back to my life. This past week was tough getting back up after life knocked me down. But I did it. I reminded myself multiple times throughout the days that God IS FAITHFUL. That HE is my ROCK. NEVER wavering. Always planted firm. 

The amount of support I have from my friends and family is outrageous. I am seeing and feeling their love. 
I can't imagine how it is to see someone you love and care for in pain, and you not be able to help. I can't imagine how many times they wanted to just shake me and scream at me. But they didn't. They loved me, they gave me space. They LISTENED. Encouraged me. Reminded me that we all go through things, and that this was just a obstacle in the path and amazing journey God has lined up for me. 

There have been things this week that normally would have torn me apart. But it was almost as I was unshakable. Finally. Not worrying. Letting things go. Taking things for what they are, and being happy. 

This afternoon I am leaving for Mississippi. I plan on coming home Tuesday, but I may stay a bit longer. Haven't decided yet. This little get away is going to be great for my soul. I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to spending time with my grandparents.

My friends, what I want to say, what my heart is crying right now is to Keep Going. Just keep going. Your journey is a beautiful one. God can bring YOU out of that dark place. He is YOUR healer. Only HE can make the hurt and pain go away.  When it gets tough, hang on. 

I will call upon Your name
And Keep my eyes above the waves 
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in your embrace
For I am yours and your are mine

No comments:

Post a Comment