7.16.2013

Chances or regret?

Regret nothing. That's what we're told. Live your life to the fullest that you can. We are told that also. But is this how we really live?

I know I have said it before but I usually do not regret things. I believe that every decision I have made or action I took, was because at that point in time it was exactly what I wanted. (I know that is so cliche, but it is truth to me.)

Here lately there are so many things I could be regretting. And when I say so many, I mean like a good few handfuls. Words that I said to someone, actions that I took, things that I did that were not me. Emotions that I felt, tears that I cried for weeks. People that I chose to pursue something with that ended up just blowing up in my face...once again just making me doubt love and the meaning of it.
I choose and I have chosen to not regret anything. Not one. If something I did ended up ruining our friendship, then so be it. There are some friendships that I have tried to keep from sinking, I have. But then a split decision is made and in the matter of minutes the friendship is changed. Yes, my own stupidity. But do I regret it? Not one bit. Not at all. And I will never regret it. 

Sometimes we regret "wasting our time" on the wrong people..but don't ever regret the time you shared with someone. If that person made you smile at the time, then that's all that matters. Smile, and be thankful it happened!  Everyone comes into our lives for a reason. Always remind yourself that.


If I could go back to that cold night in April in downtown Montgomery and change the course of events that night, I would tell you I would do it in a heartbeat. But when I think about and actually doing that- there is no way I could or would.
 I am a STRONG believer in everything happens for a reason. 

I believe that with all 100% of my little heart. That night was the beginning of a new path. Of struggles to come. Things to happen that I never thought I'd encounter. It caused me to grow up. To share how I feel always. To not regret. Most importantly, to not be afraid to take a chance. Ever.

This post will be short and sweet. 

Basically, do what makes you happy. Regret nothing. Every decision I make, or you make--gets us to where we are today. Builds up our courage and strengthens us. Shows us what we want in life and what we don't want in life. Don't be afraid...this chance you're debating on taking...take it. It will and could be the best decision you'll ever make.





No comments:

Post a Comment