7.31.2013

Influence.

Sometimes it's easier to remember people the way they were before a change occurred. Before they started hanging out with people who influenced them so much that you don't even know who they are anymore. When you're confused and lost it's so easy to be influenced. To be totally changed by who you are hanging out with. It hurts to see such a great person with a bright could be future let it all go downhill.

When you have to start compromising yourself or your morals for the people around you, it's probably time to change the people around you.

This is true. Very true. How can you ever take yourself seriously or feel good about yourself when you didn't stand up for what you believe in? Society has a way of influencing us these days. We all know this. But when choosing friends, we need to choose them wisely. Be picky. If not you will find yourself like me, hanging with a crowd that leads a totally different lifestyle than I have ever lived. My attitude changed, and not for the better. I was compromising my morals and my values so they would "like me". I was conforming to them. 

Not a good feeling. When I look back at this period of time over the past 2 months, I wish I could have shaken myself and said "wake up stupid. wake up!" But, I can't and I couldn't. 

When you're in a spot like me, and you realized what you were doing and where you were going if you didn't change quickly--it hurts to see people doing the same thing. Going down the same hill. 

Yes it is easy to be influenced by others these days.
All people want is to be accepted and loved. But when you know who you are in Christ, then that's all that matters. Nothing else. When you find your worth and your image in Him, then you've found everything you need to know about yourself. Stop looking to the world to accept you. It will never accept you. People will never fully accept you. Be yourself. Be happy. Do what makes you happy. Find peace and contentment from your Heavenly Father. He defines you. Accept that-- 
the creator of the universe, The One who knows every strand of hair on your head, He defines Y O U. Let that sink in a minute.

Forget the past, remember how it made you feel and remember not to go back. But don't dwell. Pray for others. Pray that they will begin to see their worth in Jesus Christ. 
& remember....
You are worthy.
You are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment