8.13.2013

The war is over...

I know the usual posts here on HP in the past few months have been full of struggle. Struggle, hurt, pain, confusion, questions, searching. But today, today is the post I have looked forward to for so very long. This moment I have waited for for the past 3 months. Did I know when this moment would come? No. But I knew it would.

The story goes...

Sunday afternoon when I was driving home from a weekend at the lake, I couldn't help but smile like an idiot in my car.(Was it because I face planted the dock and laugh every time I think about it??) Well that and I couldn't help but feel joy. As I was crossing the bridge in downtown Prattville, I noticed the sky. I noticed the sun. I noticed the trees. (We all see these things, but when you are hurting you don't really see the beauty.) The color of the sky and the trees were stunning. The warmth of the sun on my hand out of the window was refreshing. In that very moment, I knew. What I have aimlessly been searching for the past 3 months, all the pain I felt, it was done. It was over. Megan is back. Back to normal. Full of life and hope. Full of dreams and motivation. Love and happiness overtaking me.

Everyday is the start of something beautiful.

God has been so good to me. Nursing School was basically just laid in my lap. I have friends and family that stuck by me the past few months, no matter how hateful I was to them. No matter the hurtful words I said to them. They continued to pray for me and to love me. 

As I sit here in my bed (The last day I will be able to do this for a LONG time...Nursing classes start TOMORROW....eeeeek!) I remember many nights sitting in this exact same spot with tears streaming down my face. My iPad with a sad Taylor Swift song playing on in the background, and the feeling of defeat overwhelming in my mind. I look back at those posts and my heart literally breaks. It breaks to see how confused and hurt I was...but, I knew God had a plan. I knew that this would all pass. And it did. Pain is temporary. It doesn't last forever. 

The sun always always always comes back. 

I write this today to give you hope. To inspire you. If you are feeling defeat, if you are feeling like giving up and not trying anymore, if you feel like there is no hope....my friend, there is hope. Keep your head high and know that better days are to come. That God is preparing you and your heart for the plan He has for you. 

Eventually all the pieces fall together.

I am so thankful for the people God has brought into my life recently. I am so excited to see where this journey takes me. And I am SO excited to share this journey with you.

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing this girl! God definitely has a plan- one thing I was told recently is He will turn your mess into a Message! On August 13, 2014- it'll be so exciting to look back and say, "Wow, God- look what You did in my life!

    ReplyDelete