9.03.2013

Walkin on....

I know I've said it many times before, but the moment when you consider quitting and giving up, is usually the moment that is setting the stage for what is about to happen...your victory arriving.

There are so many times I would love to just throw my hands up and surrender. Let the words "I give up. I quit. I'm done" come out of my mouth. They have before...plenty of times before, when I got so tired of working my tail off and trying to make something work that just wouldn't. Usually the arms were thrown up and I would surrender as I was walking out the door. I came to learn that giving up wasn't the answer. The walking away from something that is hard is not the answer. All good things take work. You've got to work for things these days. From friendships, to relationships, to schooling, to work...etc. 

The question is; how hard are you willing to work?

Is there a relationship that you just can't seem to get away from because you want it to work so badly? So many days, months, years, hours you've spent with that person and loving them and it just isn't working. Maybe it's not meant to be? Maybe there is just miscommunication? Or you're just so comfortable with one another and the relationship that you feel as though you don't need to try anymore. Whatever the reasoning is, figure it out. Are you willing to work your tail off, with a chance of  it not working out. Or are you going to quit and walk away and always wonder what if?

For me, it's the opposite. If I would have worked my tail off and not walked away, I would have always wondered "what if". Honestly. For the rest of my life, I would have always wondered what would have happened if I took a chance? What would have my life been like if I decided to be on my own and to make a life for myself? But I don't have that "what if" questioning anymore. I tried, probably more than I should have and way longer than I should have...but I did it. I walked away and I have no regrets what so ever. 

What you want and what you deserve are two totally different things..remember that.

When hard days come, of course I want to throw my arms up and surrender. Of course I do. I think we all do. It's so easy to go back to "routine" and "comfortable". It would be so easy to go back to the life I lived before.  But I remind myself that God has a plan for me. These "hard days" are nothing compared to the life He has planned out for me. When those hard days come, you just have to remind yourself that everything happens for a reason. Nobody said life would be easy...but the hard times are so so worth it.





People will come and go in and out of your life forever. Just that plain and simple. Some people are meant to stay and some are only meant to stay for a season. Some are lessons and some are blessings. Be resilient. Be strong. Stand firm. Do not let the insecurities of this world and of others have effect on you. When those people walk out of your life, let them walk on. Their loss, not yours. Sometimes God removes people from our lives for a reason.  
Don't look back and do not go after them. 
Accept the time you had with that person and smile, and move on.  
 
Keep walking and praising God as you go.

What I'm saying is that if you know in your heart and your gut that something is right- then go for it. If you have any doubts- don't go for it. If you know the decision that you made is what you want.. then when it gets hard, don't back down. Take it as it comes. Take each day at a time. We aren't built or made to carry all the anxieties and the weight of the world. One day at at time. 

As time goes on, things get easier. Your skin grows thicker. Your heart does heal. Let it rain....and dance in that rain. Life is a beautiful thing and we can't let hard times get us down. 

Life I mentioned before, 

sometimes it's gotta storm for awhile in order for the rainbow to come out. 

So, let it storm, stay strong...and your victory, your rainbow, your happiness will be there. 
I promise.

Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment