11.24.2013

Perfect Peace..

I love how my heart feels.
I love being still.
I love knowing that God has my life in the palm of His hand.

This morning, B and I made our first trip back to Church of The Highlands- Montgomery Campus.
I have been there several times by myself and when B was up in Tuscaloosa, she was very active with Highlands.

The past couple months I have been back & forth between my parents church and B's church. I have wanted to go back to Highlands, but didn't really know how to ask B if she would want to go. The other day we got to talking and she shared with me that she was wanting to go today. My heart leaped with excitement! 
I don't mind going to church alone, but I also love having a best friend there to worship with! 

So we went this morning and grabbed our binders, coffee, coke & popcorn--(it's At The Movies series)..as soon as we entered the auditorium my heart literally leaped again. I mumbled something to B and she mumbled the exact same thing back. Once worship got started, I was fighting tears. I have never ever felt such a feeling of peace. I mean, I have experienced peace..but this, this was a peace that I just can't explain. 

As I stood there, with my left arm raised in the air and my right hand pressed into my big comfy scarf, my eyes closed tightly, and these words coming up from my heart and out into the air;
I have decided to follow Jesus;
I have decided to follow Jesus

 

The world behind me, the cross before me;
The world behind me, the cross before me;
No turning back, no turning back.

I was reminded of God's promises. His faithfulness.
 
And to have B next to me singing these words..well it blessed me. This moment was showing me how faithful God really is. Always keeping our best interest in His mind.

At that moment my heart became still. No more questions, no more thoughts, no more worries, no more thinking. I just was. As I stood there and God revealed more of His love to me, I was in complete and utter awe. Yall, I really wish I could describe. I was hoping that writing would help, but it won't even come close to giving a glimpse. I remember there was a point in time where I looked over at B and I just wanted to hug her! Seriously. Being there today, and especially my best friend right beside me, my life was impacted. It was changed. I can't explain what happened, but something in my soul, something in my heart..lit up. No more hidden darkness. No more of sadness hidden in creases of my soul. God renewed my spirit. So refreshed. 
We were reminded of 4 spiritual truths today...and I loved how it was presented to us to understand. The movie Les Miserables  was the "At The Movies" movie of the day...and I must say, I have really been meditating on these verses and thinking about my notes constantly today.

Chris Hodges reminded us of 4 spiritual truths that we should always remember:
1. The Law Condemns Us (Romans 3:20)
2.God's Grace Transforms Us (Ephesians 2:4-9)
3. The Accuser Pursues Us ( Rev. 12:10)
4. Love Conquers ALL (1 Cor 13:8)

So, each and every day to come, my soul will continue singing praises to God & I will rest in His presence and His perfect peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment