6.16.2014

be all there..

It's been a good few weeks since I've posted. Trust me, I've tried. But everytime I came to post, I just hit a wall. 

But tonight, my heart is open. It is open and ready to share what it is full of. 
First things first..I said goodbye to my sister a week ago today.. She is up in Nashville at Belmont enjoying her two weeks of SLA. I leave this coming Sunday, the 22nd, and start my journey out at Camp ASCCA. Anxious doesn't even describe what I am. The fact that this time next week I will be winding down my first day there, kinda scares me. Excites me more though. I have no idea what this summer holds for me. I don't know what tomorrow even holds for me..but I do know that God has placed this journey in my life for a reason. A purpose. I cannot wait to see what that purpose is. 


 I love watching myself grow and become a stronger woman

The past few weeks I have been thinking a lot. Working on taking things and taking life literally one day at a time. No looking back. No wishing for tomorrow. But focusing on the day that is right in front of me. So far so good. There's been an overwhelming peace flowing through me lately. I'm not quite sure what it is. I love watching myself grow and become a stronger woman.  
 They've let me do my thing, they've allowed me to make my own mistakes



My life hasn't turned out like I always thought and planned it would. That my friends, I am beyond thankful for. I am so thankful that God's plan is so much bigger and so much better than my own plans. Sure, I am 24 almost 25.. been out of high school for 6 years and just now seeing a light at the end of the tunnel for my college career. But I am okay with that. I have been blessed to have a family who supports me. A family that not only rolled their eyes and said "let's see how this goes", when I told them my plans to leave Communication and head to Nursing school..but a family that stood and encouraged me and supported me. Cheered me on. And the day that I came home and told them I was done with Nursing school and I was going back to Comm. they were super supportive. They've let me do my thing, they've allowed me to make my own mistakes. They've let me choose my own walk in my faith. They've disagreed with choices and decisions I was making in my life. They cried for me. They prayed for me. That, I am thankful for. 


This journey of life is a crazy crazy ride. It amazes me and baffles me at the same time. I love walking it out and learning day by day. I love being independent...not needing a man to fulfill my self worth. I love the friends that God has brought and placed in my life in the past couple months. Some friendships have formed that will be here forever. 

It's okay that I may just now be figuring out life and where I am going. Heck, some days I don't even know where I am going. But it's okay. For the first time in years, I am able to enjoy my age, my life, and make decisions without worrying about consequences. 

Some days I don't even know where I am going. But it's okay....



these lyrics, I have been repeating over and over in my heart.. I hope you can find comfort in them for whatever trial you may be walking through...

Your light will shine through the darkness
Your word will calm every crashing wave
My hope it lies in Your promise
My faith it stands on the empty grave" 









1 comment:

  1. I love these little glimpses into your heart! Such a blessing! Can't wait to see His purpose for you and see how He uses you!

    ReplyDelete