2.13.2015

Fading like truth//

So, here I am. Sitting in my sweats with wet hair. My nerd glasses on. My "feel good" playlist blaring away and a glass of wine and four bags of candy sitting next to me. Wild Friday night yall. 

I've been feeling different here the last few weeks. My heart has been feeling different. It's like I am experiencing freedom. Freedom from all those burdens I was carrying. All the brokenness that overtook me. The hurt. The tears. The pain. 

And as I sit here, I am literally speechless. I'm in awe. 

I went back and read all my posts since like August. There are two posts that I just can't shake the thought of. 

They were written ten days apart. And they were in September. The month that seemed like my life wouldn't ever get over. 



Go read them. Then come back to this post. 

--------

What amazes me is that I was in such a deep dark place. So dark. So broken. And broken is a word that literally describes perfectly of who I was at that time. My heart was broken, my confidence was broken. My worth. 

I am so amazed to be able to sit here right now and feel such peace and such wholeness. It's like I re-found my identity in Jesus Christ. When I finally stopped making excuses and I finally was sick and tired of making myself miserable, I was able to walk away from that point of my life. 

You guys, God is so faithful. He really is. And I know you hear people say that and you believe it but yet you're just not 100% sure if it's true. Because you're just waiting for God to show in your life. Let me tell you, He is there and He has shown up in your life. Look around. Look at what you're doing in your life. Is it pulling you further from Him to where you just can't see? 

He literally brought me from rock bottom years ago. That valley I was in 6 months ago, I never thought I would get out from it. But I did. I am so in love with our creator. He is kind, He is loving. He is faithful, and He is relentless.

I now know who I am. I know what I want. I know what I deserve and what I have to offer. And I know that God has a plan. 

Let God heal your brokenness. Let Him restore whatever it is in your life that needs restoring.

Because what is broken, God fixes. What is lost, God restores. 

Remember, even in the darkest of times, 
the sun WILL rise and it will be a new day.


3 comments:

  1. Yay! So awesome. Have you read Make It Happen by Lara Casey? I'm almost done with it and she shares these same truths while telling her story. If you haven't read it yet, I think you would really like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post and your honesty! I'm in a bit of a valley myself right now. God is definitely faithful - even when we feel it least but need it most.

    ReplyDelete